I can't endorse this service strongly enough. I've been a daily user for nearly a year.
Todoist provides a way to organize, plan, and track your tasks.
It's the lightest version of project management that you can imagine... and therefore, you will actually use it.
Tasks are organized in a project hierarchy. For example, my hierarchy looks something like this:
- Administrative (Example "Send quarterly report for grant on January 5th")
- Finances (Example "Double check the automatic payment for the mortgage on January 25th")
- Monthly Chores
- Seasonal Maintenance (Example "Vacuum behind the refrigerator every six months starting October 1")
- School deadlines (Example "Pre-pay school lunches every 1st day of every month")
- birthday party gifts
- Teacher gifts (Example "Find end-of-year teach gift May 15th")
- Go for a hike!